If you are considering breaking away from your style norm and looking for ways to elevate your girly look to give it an edgy touch, you can draw inspiration from these amazing androgynous looks pulled from the runway.
- Black, white and grey are the color language of an androgynous look. Consider adding some color to for a presentation that leans more towards the feminine side. For example, pair a pastel color blouse with a hazelnut pant.
- A crisp white button down shirt is an androgynous style staple. To pair with an oversized trouser or culottes, choose oversized blouses with features such as an off shoulder (here), long sleeves with tie cuffs (here), wide long sleeves (here), color-block (here), checked wrap (here), floral (here), pinstripe (here) or decorative ties (here)
- Wear loose skirts or pants to hide your feminine shapes.
- Experiment with proportions. Wear a loose skirt with a long vest or jacket. Tie the two loose items together with a fitted shirt.
- A skinny pant suit is a fabulous choice. Be prepared to pair it with a t-shirt and/or an oxford shoe.
- Longer coat is a must. Could be worn loosely on top of a dress.
- A boyfriend jeans is also a must. A versatile piece that could be worn with about everything in your closet. From tees to button downs to heels to sneakers to blazers to dresses.
- Do not forget to add a pair of oxford/brogues to your shoe collection. Maybe two.